Greetings from all of us at Classical Up Close from this newly designed website. You'll find all the same info here as our old site, with a fun new logo (more about that below).
2018 was a wonderful year for our mission. We reached more people than ever, and found new ways to bring classical music to those who may have never experienced it. Our new Pop-up Performances have given us an opportunity to play for underserved communities, and we have more in store for 2019 (more details about that in January).
The big news is that the dates and times have been set for all of the Spring festival’s performances, and you are the first to know. While we haven’t firmed up the programs for these concerts, we can confirm the following:
Our 2019 Festival of Free Performances:
EVENING CONCERTS - all 7:30 pm
• April 23, St. Mary’s (NW Portland) with Suzanne Nance
• April 24, Mt. Scott Park Presbyterian Church (SE Portland)
• April 26, German American Society (NE Portland)
• April 30, Tigard United Methodist (SW/Tigard)
• May 1, Bethany Presbyterian Church (NW/Beaverton)
• May 3, Milwaukie Lutheran Church (SE/Milwaukie)
• April 20 - 10 am, Mt. Scott Park Community Center
• April 20 - 12 pm, Powell’s City of Books
• April 24, 10 am, Symposium Coffee, Tigard
• April 25, 1 pm, Fleur de Lis Café
• April 29, 5 pm, Bethany Public House, Bethany Village
• May 1, 1:30 pm, Milwaukie Center
• April 7, 11 am, Multnomah Co. Central Library
• May 5, 1 & 2:30 pm, Tigard Public Library
We hope to see YOU at as many of these performances as possible. SAVE THE DATES!
Thank you again for all your support over the past six years. Classical Up Close is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization (Tax I.D. 46-5255081). We welcome your tax-deductible donation to support our mission. Click here to learn more.
And remember if you do donate, you can get an Oregon Community Trust tax credit. Learn more at https://culturaltrust.org/get-involved/donate/.
Our new logo was inspired by the idea that we are a unique, diverse, fun festival. The three instruments in the logo show the diversity of the music performed and we chose a softer, more playful font for the letters to reinforce the casual nature of our concerts. We are in the midst of producing merchandise with the new logo for the Spring festival, and we can't wait to show you the new t-shirts!
Happy New Year!
Up Close and